Lexington, SC Water Heater Repair
We Are a Team of First-Rate Providers
There’s nothing better than coming home after a long day of work, watching the kids, or even running errands and stepping into a nice, steamy bubble bath. Or, if that’s not your style, perhaps a nice cup of tea while snuggling up with a freshly washed blanket. However, not only are these activities nearly impossible without a fully functioning water heater, but so are many of your daily activities like showering, washing your hands, and doing the dishes.
At Brasington Plumbing, Heating and Air, we’re here to tell you that you don’t have to suffer through another icy blast in the shower. As a family-owned and operated company, we work hard to continue to uphold our reputation for excellence. All of our Lexington water heater repair specialists are experienced, highly trained, and professional. We will always arrive on time, in clean uniforms, and with our fully stocked vans so we can complete any plumbing service on the spot.
How to Tell Your Water Heater Is Failing
While water heater emergencies do occur, more often than not your unit begins to exhibit signs of trouble before it completely breaks down. It’s important that you call one of our Lexington water heater repair plumbers immediately because the sooner the problem is identified and remedied, the less costly and extensive the repairs will be.
Common warning signs that your water heater is failing include:
- The tank is leaking, or water is pooling around the edges
- It takes a while for your water to heat up or it is in a limited supply
- Your water is rust-colored
- The water is filled with mineral deposits or sediment particles
- The water smells like sulfur or rotten eggs
- The unit makes loud banging, groaning, rumbling, squealing, or squeaking noises
- The valves are dripping or leaking
Is It Safe To Shower If The Water Heater Is Leaking?
A leaking water heater is a sign that repairs are needed, and can appear to be pretty dangerous. It is safe to shower with a leaking water heater, but the leak should not be ignored. Ignoring a leaking water heater can lead to more costly issues down the road.
When to Repair Versus Replace Your Water Heater
A water heater is a major investment and, depending on the capacity and type of unit you choose, it could cost quite a bit of money. However, you could end up spending even more if you continue to repair a water heater that may just be past its prime.
If you’re stuck trying to decide whether it’s best to repair or replace your water heater, consider the following:
- How much you’re spending on your utility bills: As your water heater ages, it becomes less and less efficient. This means that how much you spend on your monthly energy and water bills will continue to rise regardless of whether you change your water usage or not. If you start to notice unexplained spikes in your bills, consider having our Lexington water heater repair specialists come inspect your unit to help you reach a decision.
- How much you’re spending on repairs and how often: As you continue to repair your water heater, chances are that it will become more and more expensive. We generally suggest considering the cost of the repair. If it is equal to half or more of the cost of a replacement, it might be in your best interest to just get a new unit.
- How old your current water is: Most water heaters, with proper maintenance, can last around 10 years. If your water heater has reached this age or is quickly approaching it, it might be time to consider a replacement.
What Are The Benefits Of Water Heater Repair?
Providing your water heater with the appropriate repairs that it needs can work wonders. If you notice any issues with your water heater, it's important to schedule a water heater inspection as soon as possible in order to ensure that you prevent any further costly damages from taking place, or even worse, a water heater eruption.
Here are some of the top benefits that come with professional water heater repair services:
- An increase in your water heater's lifespan
- The prevention of costly replacements
- Savings in your energy costs
- A fast and reliable diagnosis
- An improvement in your water heater's flushing system
- The detection of the root of the problem, and quick repair services
Our Team Will Exceed Your Expectations
For over 85 years, Brasington Plumbing, Heating and Air has been providing quality water heater repair in Lexington. As a family-owned and operated business, we train all of our employees to ensure that they continue to uphold our standards for excellence. We not only instruct our technicians on how to best handle equipment and products but also how to treat customers and their property with respect. You can rest easy knowing that we will always arrive promptly, and we will fully clean our work area when the job is complete.
When you work with us, we’ll provide you with good, better, and best solutions. Call (803) 632-8011 to schedule service today.