Water Heater Repair in Lexington, sC
We Are a Team of First-Rate Providers
There’s nothing better than coming home after a long day of work, watching the kids, or even running errands and stepping into a nice, steamy bubble bath. Or, if that’s not your style, perhaps a nice cup of tea while snuggling up with a freshly washed blanket. However, these relaxing activities are only possible with a properly working water heater. Not only are these activities nearly impossible without a fully functioning water heater, but so are many of your daily activities like showering, washing your hands, and doing the dishes.
At Brasington Plumbing, Heating and Air, we’re here to tell you that you don’t have to suffer through another icy blast in the shower. As a family owned and operated company, we work hard to continue to uphold our reputation for excellence. All of our Lexington water heater repair specialists are experienced, highly trained, and professional. We will always arrive on-time, in clean uniforms, and with our fully stocked vans so we can complete any job on the spot.
How to Tell Your Water Heater Is Failing
While water heater emergencies do occur, more often than not your unit begins to exhibit signs of trouble before it completely breaks down. It’s important that you call one of our Lexington water heater repair specialists immediately because the sooner the problem is identified and remedied, the less costly and extensive the repairs will be.
Common warning signs that your water heater is failing include:
- The tank is leaking, or water is pooling around the edges
- It takes a while for your water to heat up or it is in limited supply
- Your water is rust colored
- The water is filled with mineral deposits or sediment particles
- The water smells like sulfur or rotten eggs
- The unit makes loud banging, groaning, rumbling, squealing, or squeaking noises
- The valves are dripping or leaking
When to Repair Versus Replace
A water heater is a major investment and, depending on the capacity and type of unit you choose, it could cost quite a bit of money. However, you could end up spending even more if you continue to repair a water heater that may just be past its prime.
If you’re stuck trying to decide whether it’s best to repair or replace your water heater, consider the following:
- How much you’re spending on your utility bills: As your water heater ages, it becomes less and less efficient. This means that how much you spend on your monthly energy and water bills will continue to rise regardless of whether you change your water usage or not. If you start to notice unexplained spikes in your bills, consider having our Lexington water heater repair specialists come inspect your unit to help you reach a decision.
- How much you’re spending on repairs and how often: As you continue to repair your water heater, chances are that it will become more and more expensive. We generally suggest considering the cost of the repair. If it is equal to half or more of the cost of a replacement, it might be in your best interest to just get a new unit.
- How old your current water is: Most water heaters, with proper maintenance, can last around 10 years. If your water heater has reached this age or is quickly approaching it, it might be time to consider a replacement.
Our Team Will Exceed Your Expectations
For over 85 years, Brasington Plumbing, Heating and Air has been providing quality water heater repairs in Lexington. As a family owned and operated business, we train all of our employees to ensure that they continue to uphold our standards for excellence. We not only instruct our technicians how to best handle equipment and products, but also how to treat customers and their property with respect. You can rest easy knowing that we will always arrive promptly, and we will fully clean our work area when the job is complete.
When you work with us, we’ll provide you with good, better, and best solutions. Call (803) 632-8011 to schedule service today.