Lexington, SC Drain Cleaning
Equipped to Clear Any Clog
A slow, clogged, or completely blocked drain is more than annoying. The bacteria that can build up inside the drain or in standing water can present a potential health hazard. At Brasington Plumbing, Heating and Air, we provide reliable solutions for drain cleaning in Lexington. We have decades of experience handling all types of clogs, so you can rest assured that we are equipped to solve your drain problem.
What Are the Signs of a Drain Clog?
As annoying as they are, drain clogs are some of the most frequent plumbing problems. One of the reasons they're so frustrating is that they can be caused by so many different things, which makes them difficult to fully prevent. While your shower quickly turning into a bath due to standing water is a clear sign that something is clogging your drain, there are other signs to watch out for.
Some of the common signs of a clogged drain include:
- Backups: This is one of the most unfortunate and unsanitary signs that you have a clogged drain. When there's a blockage, the wastewater has nowhere else to go but back up and into your home. This exposes you to hazardous sewage and can even cause water damage. This is why it's important to call a plumber at the first sign of backup.
- Low water pressure: When there is a clog in your plumbing system, it means it has to work much harder to move water. Therefore, your water pressure will be much lower than usual.
- Slow drainage: Standing water is the result of slow drains. These can occur in your bathtubs, showers, kitchen sinks, bathroom sinks, toilets, and more.
- Bad smells: If wastewater is clogged within your drains, with nowhere else to go, it will start to emit foul odors. If you start to smell waste or rotting food, chances are you have a clogged drain.
- Gurgling drains: If your drains gurgle as water goes down them, this indicates that a suction issue within the pipe is causing the air to push outwards instead of down the pipe. Suction issues are typically the result of clogs.
When our plumbers arrive at your property, we will perform a thorough inspection to determine the exact cause of the clog and the best way to clear it and repair your drains.
Causes of Drain Clogs
The drains slowly collect debris over time. As the debris collects in the drain and hardens on the inside of the pipe, the water will begin to drain more slowly. A slow drain will gradually become completely blocked. The material that causes a clog varies, depending on the type of drain. For example, kitchen drains are often clogged by food scraps, while bathroom drains may become clogged with cosmetic products and hair.
Some of the most common causes of clogs include:
- Food scraps
- Mineral buildup inside the pipes
- Damage or corrosion
The first step in fixing a clogged drain is identifying the location and type of clog. We have the expertise and tools needed to find any clog, whether it is located just inside the drain or farther down the sewer line.
Can Coffee Grounds Go Down the Drain?
Unfortunately, coffee grounds should not be put down the drain. Coffee grounds cannot break down in water and will instead clump together. The clumped up grounds will continue to clump up and catch other food scraps until a stubborn clog has developed in the drainage system. If you have a clog forming from coffee grounds being put down the drain, contact Brasington Plumbing, Heating and Air today!
The Best Solution for Any Clog
The type of clog and where it is located will help our technicians recommend the best method of eliminating it. While minor clogs may come out with a plunger, don’t attempt to use chemical drain cleaners to clear the drain. They really won’t get rid of most types of clogs and the toxic chemicals in these products can cause damage to your pipes with repeated use.
Our Lexington plumbers focus on providing cost-effective drain cleaning solutions to meet every need. Our technicians will explain the services that are available to solve your problem and the cost of the work, so you can make the best decision for your home or business. We can help you get rid of a single clog and provide regular drain cleaning service for homes and commercial properties with frequent drain issues.
Low Water Pressure In Kitchen Sink
Many homeowners experience low water pressure in the kitchen sink, but nowhere else in their house. This localized low water pressure can be a direct result of clogged drains. The clogged drain can cause a clog in the cartridge or block the aerator. This problem can also be caused by a broken water line or leaking toilet, so it's important to call a plumbing professional if this problem occurs.
Keeping Your Drains Working
There are things you can do to prevent future drain clogs. Treating your drains with care and performing simple maintenance can make a big difference in reducing clogs in the future. Consider how your drain is used, avoid putting clogging material in the drains, and take a few easy steps to clean your drains to keep them functioning reliably.
You can prevent clogged drains by:
- Keeping food scraps out of the drain
- Never pouring oil or grease in the drain
- Not overloading the garbage disposal
- Using hair screens in the tubs and showers
- Pouring hot water down the drain a couple of times a week to clean the drain
If clogs are a recurring problem, you can schedule regular drain cleaning in Lexington to stop future clogs and keep the drains clear. We can provide drain cleaning service once a year, bi-annually, or according to a schedule that best serves your needs. Our technicians offer drain cleaning and other maintenance services to local homes and businesses with individualized service and total customer satisfaction.