Lexington, SC Heater Repair
Reliable and High-Quality Heater Repair Services Throughout the Lexington Area
Although it’s South Carolina’s hot and humid summers many people worry about, our winters can get quite cold too. If you’re left without a properly working heater, it can mean that your comfort and health are jeopardized. At Brasington Plumbing, Heating and Air, we provide fast, effective, and affordable heater repairs in Lexington. Our third-generation technicians have plenty of experience and the training necessary to provide heating services for any make, model, or type of heater. We will take the time to explain what exactly is wrong with your unit and the work that needs to be done before we begin on any repairs.
We will waive our dispatch fee when you hire us for heater repairs. Give us a call at (803) 632-8011 or contact us online to get started.
How to Tell It’s Time for Heater Repairs
There’s nothing worse than walking in from the snowy, cold weather only to discover that your home is unheated. You’ll be left shivering until you can figure out what’s wrong and how to fix it. But instead of trying a DIY approach, turn to the experts at Brasington Plumbing, Heating and Air.
Our Lexington heater repair specialists suggest calling us if you notice any of the following warning signs:
- Higher heating costs: If you have your heating bill on autopay, it’s still a good idea to take a look at each statement. In addition to telling you how much you’re spending, these statements can also tell you a lot about how your heater is functioning. As your heater ages, components experience normal wear and tear and soon you will need repairs. If you notice that your heating bills have increased suddenly, it could mean that there is a problem that is causing your unit to operate less efficiently.
- Loud and unusual noises: While a general hum is pretty normal while your heater operates, any other sounds are worth investigating. If you hear any banging, groaning, grinding, rumbling, or screeching, it could be that there’s something wrong with your water heater and it needs to be repaired.
- You must constantly set the thermostat: A properly working heater shouldn’t need to many adjustments to the thermostat. However, if you find yourself constantly fiddling with your thermostat to get your property to reach a desired temperature, it’s time to let the professionals inspect it.
- Foul or strange smells: Anytime you smell anything burning or a foul smell coming from your heater, it should be cause for concern. Call our technicians to come and inspect the cause and perform any necessary repairs on the spot.
- Your unit short cycles: Your heater should only cycle on when the temperature in your home is below the one set on the thermostat. If you notice that your unit is frequently cycling on and off, it’s a good idea to have it checked out.
- Cold spots throughout your home: Your heater is designed to leave your home an even temperature throughout. If you notice that certain areas are significantly colder than others, chances are that you need your heater repaired.
Why Does a Heater Blow Cold Air?
If you've noticed your heater has kicked in, but you are feeling cold air coming from your vents dirty filters are the usual suspect. Filters block dirt and dust from passing through the vents and spreading throughout your home. When these filters get too dirty it can restrict air flow from leaving the heater to the rest of the house. Be sure to have your filters changed every 90 days.
Another reason a heater could blow cold air and not warm is if there is a dirty flame sensor. Dirt flame sensors cause the heater to blow hot air for a few seconds and then switch to cold. Cleaning a flame sensor is something that should only be done by a trained professional. If a dirty filter is not the cause of your heater blowing cold air contact Brasington Plumbing, Heating and Air today.
Sign Up for Our Service Partner Program
If you want to ensure that your heater is in proper working order for the winter seasons, we recommend signing up for our Service Partner Program. As a member, you will receive priority service and special discounts on top of our already affordable prices.
Our family looks forward to serving yours. Contact us at (803) 632-8011 today for heater repair in Lexington.