Lexington, SC Furnace Repair
We Provide reliable Repair Solutions For Furnace Owners in the Lexington Area
Our Lexington winters can get pretty frosty. From snowy days to below freezing nights, living without a heater is unthinkable. When your furnace is acting erratically, it’s understandable to be worried about what that means for your home and your wallet. The furnace repair experts at Brasington Plumbing, Heating and Air have been proudly providing the residents of Lexington and surrounding areas with reliable heating services since 1935. We are a family-owned and operated home services company that cares about the community that we’ve served for three generations, so when your furnace fails in the dead of winter, you can count on us to fix it fast!
Not only can you count on us to fix your furnace quickly and accurately, but you can also rest easy knowing experienced and trusted professionals are handling your heating repair. We will always arrive at your home uniformed and ready to work. We even wear shoe covers to protect your home because we care! So, when you’re faced with a failing furnace, look no further than the Lexington furnace repair experts at Brasington Plumbing, Heating and Air.
Signs You Need Furnace Repair
- Your Home is Cold: It’s probably an obvious sign, but if your home is cold and you’re are shivering despite the heating system being on, then that’s a sign your system needs repairs. If you are cold in certain spots in the home, that too can be a sign of inadequate heating and airflow issues. If your home is cold, it could also be a problem with your thermostat. The point is that you should be warm if your heater is on, and if you aren’t, then you should call our repair specialists to inspect your furnace.
- Spiking Energy Costs: If your energy bill has spiked since you’ve started using your system for the season, that’s a sure-fire sign that something is wrong. You shouldn’t see a large increase in spending, and it’s definitely shouldn’t be more than in previous years during the same time period. A spike in energy usage could be a sign that your furnace is working too hard to warm your house. Aging systems lose efficiency, and increased energy usage is a sign of efficiency loss.
- Your Furnace is Making Weird Noises: If you hear banging, squeaking, or rumbling coming from your furnace is could be a sign your system is in distress and needs repairs. Furnaces have been known to make any number of odd noises when they are failing. Squeaking is commonly heard when your system needs replacement parts or if parts have become loose from usage. You may even hear thumping sounds if the ignition is having problems. Your system shouldn’t be noisy, so if you hear loud noises, it’s time to call in the repair team from Brasington Plumbing, Heating and Air.
- Your Carbon Monoxide Detector is Alerted: Your carbon monoxide detector is a sensitive device that detects harmful gases imperceptible to humans. It’s important to pay attention to your device if it alerts gases while using your furnace. It could be a sign that you have a cracked heat exchanger or some other dangerous malfunction. Every home with a furnace should also have a carbon monoxide detection system. If your detector is alerted, you should evacuate your property and call for help.
- Weird Smells: If your furnace is on and strange odors are coming from your vents, you need to call our Lexington furnace repair team immediately. Your furnace should run seamlessly in the background without making loud noises or emitting weird odors. If you smell something after operating your furnace, it could be a sign of malfunction within your system. Don’t ignore weird smells and assume it’s just old or stale from being off all year. Err on the side of caution and call in our licensed and trained professionals for a thorough system inspection.
Comprehensive Furnace Repair
When your furnace is broken, your house is no longer a home. It’s not cozy, and it can quickly become uncomfortable. At Brasington Plumbing, Heating and Air, our expert furnace repair specialists are licensed and trained to repair and service all furnace makes and models. Your system is in good hands when we are on the job. Customer service is important to us, so we care about your comfort. We will do our best and ensure that your system repairs are completed quickly and accurately.