Ductless Heating in Lexington
Flexible Solutions to Keep Your Home Warm & Cozy
Have you ever been sitting on the couch, shivering because it’s cold, but another family member is cozy in another room and refuses to let you change the thermostat? One of the problems with a central heating system is that it doesn’t allow for various temperatures throughout your house. If you’re constantly bickering over what the temperature should be set to, our HVAC technicians at Brasington Plumbing, Heating and Air have a solution. We can install a ductless heating system that will allow you to set each room to a preferred temperature amongst a host of other benefits. We will always provide you with a free estimate and various options that meet both your needs and your budget.
Understanding How Ductless Heating Works
Many homeowners think that central heating is the best choice to make, but they couldn’t be farther from the truth. Ductless heating has been around for quite some time, but it is increasing in popularity more and more.
A ductless heater works as a type of heat pump, which means that it doesn’t require any fuel to generate heat. Rather, it operates more like an air conditioner by condensing and evaporating warm air and pumping it from one place to another. Instead of ducts, these devices have two main components: an outdoor one and as many indoor air handlers as you desire. Each air handler comes with its own thermostat, so you’ll never have to argue about temperature settings again!
The Benefits of Installing Ductless Heating
Many people resort to ductless heating systems because they don’t require ductwork to operate. This is especially helpful for those who live in homes without any pre-existing ductwork and don’t want to spend the money. However, ductless heating systems have plenty of other advantages.
These advantages include:
- It can also operate as an air conditioner by switching the refrigerant flow direction
- It will eliminate hot and cold spots because you can create zones or set the temperature for individual rooms
- It is more energy efficient because you won’t lose any air due to duct leaks
- It will save you money on your utility bills because you don’t have to heat your whole home at once and can just heat the rooms in use
- It is easy to install with options to place the indoor air handler on the wall or ceiling
- The inside air handlers don’t take up much space at all
- Your indoor air quality will be better because there are no ducts for dust to settle and circulate throughout the air
Comprehensive Services for Ductless Heating in Lexington
Much like any other appliance you may have, there will come a time when your ductless heating system will need repairs. It’s important that you call us as soon as you notice something is not working as it should because, left to linger, these problems can turn into costly repairs that could result in a premature replacement. At Brasington Plumbing, Heating and Air, our third-generation technicians have the experience, equipment, and training necessary to handle all of your installation, repair, replacement, and maintenance needs.
We offer worry-free warranties on all of our product installations. Call (803) 632-8011 for more information.