Free Estimates on AC Repair in Lexington, SC
Expert Air Conditioning Repair Services
Summertime in Lexington means hot and muggy weather. Therefore, if you have an improperly working air conditioner, it can become unbearable fast. From completely unresponsive units to air conditioners that keep you up at night with their loud banging and rumbling noises, our team of experienced technicians at Brasington Plumbing, Heating and Air can help. When our Lexington AC repair specialists arrive at your property, we will perform a thorough inspection to determine the cause of the problem. From there, we will present you with a Summary of Findings, which will include your options for good, better, and best solutions. We will notify you if it can be repaired, or if it's time to consider a replacement.
Common Signs It’s Time to Have Your AC Repaired
Your air conditioner contains many components and intricate parts that allow it to operate effectively and efficiently. As you continue to use your AC, the parts become susceptible to wear and tear. It’s important to know the warning signs that you need your air conditioner repaired because, left to linger, small issues can turn into large, costly ones. While there may be times you can troubleshoot your AC problems yourself, we recommend calling our Lexington AC repair technicians when:
- The coils are frozen: There are a number of reasons you could have frozen coils. One is that you forgot to have your air filter changed. The other is that you have a refrigerant leak. When we arrive at your property, we will inspect your unit to pinpoint the exact cause and perform repairs before any permanent damage can take place.
- There is no air coming from the vents or your AC cannot reach a desired temperature: Often times, our residential and commercial customers call us to complain that they can get their home or office to reach the temperature they set the thermostat to. What we’ve come to find is that this is most often attributed to an improperly sized unit that can’t keep up with your cooling demands. We will assess your property and your cooling needs in addition to inspecting your AC to determine the root cause of the issue and perform the necessary repairs.
- Water is leaking from your ducts or vents: While it’s important to treat all AC repair issues with urgency, this is perhaps one of the most important ones. Anytime your unit is leaking water, it creates the perfect environment for mold and mildew to grow, which can pose serious hazards to your health. Additionally, the more water leaks, the more there is a potential for property damage. We have the proper training to quickly locate the leak and perform any repairs on the spot.
- The unit makes strange noises, such as grinding, groaning, banging, or squealing: While a subtle hum is normal, any other sounds are good indications that something is wrong with your air conditioner. Typically, these noises are caused by a faulty blower motor or something getting caught in the blower wheel. We will carefully inspect all components of your AC and provide any necessary repairs and lubrication.
Why Does Your AC Run All Day?
If you notice your air conditioner is running for large amounts of time, or all day, and this is out of character for your unit there may be some minor problems with your AC unit. The simplest reasons is your thermostat is set to run constantly. Be sure to change your thermostat to "auto" and not "on." The most common cause is a dirty air filter. It's important to change out air filters at least once a month.
Other causes would be your AC is too small for the size of your home, you have a dirty condenser coil, or your ductwork needs to be cleaned or patched up. Whatever the cause, don't hesitate to call the friendly air conditioner repair technicians in Lexington, SC at Brasington Plumbing, Heating and Air. We'll come out and inspect the air conditioning unit to single out the root of the problem and get it working properly in no time.
What Are The Benefits of Regular AC Maintenance
Taking care of your HVAC system with regular AC maintenance can have a number of advantages. Not only will it help you avoid repairs and replacement services, but it will also keep your system running efficiently and help maintain the quality of your indoor air.
Here are some benefits of regularly scheduled ac maintenance:
1. Improved Efficiency: Routine ac maintenance can help ensure your air conditioner is running as efficiently as possible by checking for any potential leaks or worn-out parts that could be causing it to work harder than necessary. This can help you save money on monthly energy costs and extend the life of your AC unit.
2. Increased Comfort: Regular AC maintenance is also essential for maintaining the comfort levels of your home. A well-maintained AC system will be able to cool your home more quickly and efficiently, allowing you to enjoy a comfortable temperature at all times.
3. Improved Air Quality: Particulate matter can build up in your ac system over time, which can lead to poor indoor air quality. During ac maintenance services, a professional technician can inspect and clean the system to ensure that it is not emitting any unhealthy particles into the air.
4. Cost Savings: Scheduling regular AC maintenance can help you save money in the long run as it will help you avoid expensive repair and replacement services. In addition, AC maintenance can also help you identify potential issues before they become bigger problems that can be more costly to fix.
By scheduling AC maintenance services on a regular basis, you can ensure that your air conditioner is running optimally and help maintain the comfort levels in your home while reducing energy costs.
Turn To The AC Repair Experts in Lexington Today!
At Brasington Plumbing, Heating and Air, we’ve been providing quality AC repairs in Lexington for over 85 years. As a company that is built around superior customer service, we will treat you and your property with the utmost respect. All of our technicians must pass thorough background checks and drug tests; we only hire the best of the best so we can continue to provide our customers with the quality craftsmanship they deserve.